Builders Selections – The Process
Odin Tiles + Coverings is a preferred supplier to many of Western Australia’s leading project home builders. Our extensive tile library is of the highest quality and with the help of our friendly design staff you will discover the perfect choices for your home. Our team will assist you in identifying colour schemes and present you with visual aids to help select tiles with confidence. Together we can achieve the desired results and make decorating your home a simple and enjoyable process.
The following guide will help you understand and embrace the tile selection process.
How long does it take to complete a tile selection?
A typical tile selection can take approximately one to two hours depending on the individual client. We encourage our clients to research and scrapbook all of their ideas and desired concepts. This will then help our design consultants to identify your tastes, requirements and ultimately make selecting easier.
Do I need to make an appointment?
Appointments are not a requirement. You are welcome to visit our showroom during the following hours.
Monday – Friday: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Saturday: 8.30 am – 1.00 pm
Where is our showroom?
Our designer showroom is located at 99 Erindale Road Balcatta. It is easily accessed from the Mitchell Freeway and has ample parking bays.
Do I need to bring anything when making a selection?
Please bring the following items to help our staff when completing your selections.
– Builders house plans : This will identify in detail the areas to be tiled.
– Addenda : This will specify in detail all of your standard builders inclusions.
– Visual aids : Any images (be it in print form or mobile device) that inspire you and would like to implement in your home. We also encourage our clients to browse the online catalogue on our website. Here you can view our entire tile library at your leisure before visiting our showroom. You can also view our projects, inspirations, news and new arrivals to see the latest tile designs and concepts. All of these aids will help make selecting in our showroom even easier.
What do I need to select?
Selecting tiles is only part of the process. Your builder requires you to make the following selections in our showroom.
– All wet area tiles (bathroom, ensuite, WC, laundry and kitchen splashback)
– Living area floor tiles (if applicable)
– Exterior tiles (if applicable)
– Grout colours for all tiles
– Laminates for cupboards and bench tops (where and if applicable)
– Stone bench tops (where and if applicable)
What do I do once I have completed a selection?
Our design consultants are very thorough when completing your selections to ensure you achieve and receive the desired outcomes. Once you have made your selections our staff will print a detailed document for you to bring to your builders pre-start appointment.
We hope this guide has been helpful in explaining the tile selection process. Together with our friendly staff and designer showroom we strive to make your selections simple, enjoyable and satisfying. Our aim is to make your house a home and to ensure it reflects your ideas and personality.